Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25077 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Making (parts of) walls invisible

Because I sometimes want to hide a part of a wall, I made a small, but very useful object: the invisible wall opening.

It's a variation on the service hatch, but with adapted material properties that make it completely invisible.

I use it
- to hide a ground floor wall in building with more than one floor
- to make an overhanging second floor
- to make passages in a wall without a door frame
- to make two rooms on the second floor, but just one room on the ground floor

I attach the file. When you import it, you won't see a picture, but that's to be expected with invisible objects :-)

Hans
----------------------------------------
Attachment wall_opening_invisible.zip (1415 bytes) (Download count: 9592)

Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 3, 2010, 2:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yafeng

Re: Making (parts of) walls invisible

@Hans: Is this still supposed to work in version 2.3? Seems it doesn't work to me. I can move the object into a wall, but it won't create a transparent area. Did I do something incorrectly?
[Apr 10, 2010, 12:06:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Yafeng:

While importing the file I provided, did you check the box Door or window ??

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Apr 10, 2010, 6:38:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yafeng

@Hans: right, it works after "Door or window" option is selected.

However, this still won't solve my original problem. My original problem is how to put two windows, which are vertically overlapping on the same wall. I tried one trick you mentioned, meaning export and then import a window without checking "Door or window". However, such a window, after putting to wall, does create the see-through part, meaning it's just a window attached to concrete wall.

How could I solve that problem? I also tried multi layer walls. It works. However, after I aligned one wall on top of the other one, the two walls don't look like one piece, the brightness or something is different. Wierd thing is, the two walls look fine in camera view after rendering.
[Apr 10, 2010, 12:04:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ruwan

Great.it helped ma to create multi-level house
[Jan 6, 2011, 8:41:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KaFe

confused Re: Making (parts of) walls invisible

Dear Hans,

thanks for your great work. I like it very much. applause

But recently I was in need for an invisible wall opening in shape of a triangle. Can you tell me, if I can get it somewhere? Unfortunately, I'm not able to create objects like this myself. I hope, you can help me. Thank you very much.

Karl
[May 5, 2012, 5:56:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Karl,

To make a triangular wall opening, you could do the following:
1 - insert an invisible wall opening
2 - insert one or two visible triangles to change the shape of the rectangular wall opening.

You can find the invisible wall opening here, and the triangle here.
Make sure that you rotate the triangle during importation, so that it has the desired orientation.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[May 5, 2012, 8:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chrispy1970

Thx Hans

Very usefull object

Greetz Chrispy
[Jun 2, 2012, 2:30:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chenjs

Thanks Hans,

Just what I needed. Was like magic.

Pete
[Aug 29, 2012, 3:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tanja108

HI Hans,
I am new here and have a question regarding this invisible wall object you created.

I imported it and I checked the box "Door and Window" , but still it won't create a transparent area when I am moving the object into a wall.
I am working with SweetHome 3,5. Do you have any idea?
Thank you so much, Tanja
[Sep 5, 2012, 3:15:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved