Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18364 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Brad Pitt house 2

Another example of post-Katrina architecture for New Orleans.

inspiration came from
http://www.makeitrightnola.org/index.php/buil...chitect/eskewdumezripple/

Want to know how I did it? Here are the compressed files:
layer 1 = groundfloor as SH3D file + 2nd floor as OBJ
Layer 1
layer 2 = 2nd floor as SH3D file
Layer 2

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jan 9, 2010, 2:30:20 PM]
[Jan 9, 2010, 12:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Brad Pitt house 2

Once gain very nice! biggrin

Next time you post a SH3D file, try to compress it
with File > Save and compress menu item before uploading it. I'm sure your readers will appreciate a faster download... wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2010, 1:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Just for fun, here's a photorealistic rendering of your nice job.

[Jan 9, 2010, 1:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thanks for all the praise :-) There's more to come.

I deliberately didn't make a high quality rendering because that would make the interior too dark. The render engine does take into account the extra rooms I created on the lower level, but only on the lower level. The "layers" I stacked on top of it don't get the extra light I was hoping for. See the other Brad Pitt house. It has 6 rooms or so on the lower floor, but the rendering is very dark.

I'll start writing the tutorial one of these days.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jan 9, 2010, 5:35:30 PM]
[Jan 9, 2010, 2:19:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The render engine does take into account the extra rooms I created on the lower level, but only on the lower level.

Lights are created only in the middle of the ceilings and you didn't check the Visible ceiling box of these extra rooms. But if you do, it will create strange sloping ceilings because the walls around the rooms have different heights.
As you see below, I tried to create a big room with its (yellow) ceiling under the roof of your file, and I added 4 small walls close to the four corners of the room to ensure the sloping ceiling is correct. To ensure these small walls won't be visible, I put them in the existing columns.

When you render the house with this ceiling and the visible roof, you can see from this other image that the light in the middle of the ceiling is correctly created.

But when you render the house with the upper part of the house visible too, the interior is not enlighten and is all dark.
At this time, I have no idea why it fails. sad
I join the modified SH3D file to this message in case you've got an idea...

By the way, you could also hope that the rendering engine lets the sun light enlightens the interior of the house through the transparent panes of its windows, but miserably SunFlow doesn't support this feature.
I asked to the developer of SunFlow to support it. If it takes too long, I'll try to modify SunFlow code myself.
Attachment Brad Pitt - L1 with ceiling.sh3d (612715 bytes) (Download count: 830) (House with dummy walls and room added to create a ceiling at the correct place)

[Jan 9, 2010, 5:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thank you for trying this solution. I'll play with it and see if it gives me new ideas...

I think I know why the illumination isn't correct. The renderer gives shadows underneath furniture. The house is constructed as four gigantic pieces of furniture. And although this isn't a massive furniture block, it seems the renderer treats it as if it were a massive block. Does that make sense?

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jan 9, 2010, 9:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry Hans, I think you're not on the right path.
Whatever shape a piece has, light is able to enlighten it inside.

Any other idea?
[Jan 9, 2010, 10:31:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

The render bug is bigger than I thought.

picture 1
This is a screenshot where you can see what is happening with quality set at level 3. SH3D shows the interior of the living room, looking towards the patio at the top of the stairs. Although partly obscured, you can see that the room is entirely black and that the only place that gets light is the patio (the brown spot obscured by the screenshot window).

picture 2
This is a screenshot from exactly the same position, but now with quality set at level 2. As you can see it's way off. It shows part of the foundation and random parts of the walls.

The internal renderer of SH3D shows the scene correctly. I'm not technical, but it seems to me that internal renderer uses different data than the external renderer.

A nice puzzle :-)

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jan 9, 2010, 10:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gander

United States

great work.
[Feb 16, 2010, 12:17:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Feb 16, 2010, 3:46:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved