Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35262 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
spocky

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Search luminous neon objects!

If anyone think they can find any use for them, please, feel free to download.

Logos.sh3d

Neons.sh3d

...Cec

The two links are the same (logos.sh3d). sad
[Dec 30, 2017, 8:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Busy day
[Dec 30, 2017, 11:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spocky

USA

Okay cec.

Fascinating but, it's just an example of a personal use of frozen objects.
Except color, nothing else can be done. sad

If I want to customize a shop, I'll take Alax or bdfd method.
with both, we do everything we want ... wink
[Dec 31, 2017, 6:39:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

@okh
Nowhere as elegant as other projects, such as the ghost city,

Being reminded of the Ghost City project I did some nearly two years ago, I recalled doing a lot of research about the glow-effect.

And told us nothing... Oh well. At least I got the reference to the Ghost City right. For some of us, who have no patience (read: skill) for perfect renderings, the balance is between result and rendering time. As the full 'path' option seems to grind my low-end processor almost to a halt, I shall have to experiment with some compromise and leave the aesthetics to you. Which certainly is better anyway. Thanks for sharing. Do not really know when I will next need signs for a strip joint, but your neon signs bring back memories of wanderings in dubious neighbourhoods. To an extent where I can feel the smell of cheap tobacco and perfume. ok
[Dec 31, 2017, 3:50:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Neon digits.sh3f
[Dec 31, 2017, 4:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Neon digits white

Neon digits yellow

Neon digits green

Neon digits cyan

Neon digits blue

Neon digits magenta

Neon digits red
[Jan 4, 2018, 6:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Neon digits orange
[Jan 13, 2018, 6:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Oh man! I have been searching high and low for weeks to make a glowing material and only now I stumbled upon this thread. I think thhis should be made sticky or at least mentioned in the Tips section.

This is very useful. Not only for those who want to make neon signs. Below is the example how I made my spotlight housing rim to glow using tips found on this thread.

See the spotlight on the right?
[Jul 28, 2018, 3:09:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

With the YafaRay rendering engine, you can transform any object into light.

Based on the logos and neon signs created by Ceciliabr.

----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Mar 10, 2020, 3:00:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi, trying, unsuccessfully, to get a stair tread to glow

Is it only the illum line that has to change, or is there something in the .obj file as well.
Tried with Path instead of ambient occlusion, just took longer to get the same result.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx
Mike
[Jan 27, 2021, 4:50:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved